Our client is looking for an experienced Account Executive to develop sales strategies to acquire new business within the North America Industrial and Government market segment. You will be responsible for ensuring new business opportunities are introduced and long term relationships are established and to ensure repeat business continues. These positions report to the Vice President, Group Sales & Marketing.
- Provide sales and customer service support to the North American Industrial & Government market segment by providing engineered solutions using textile related products in the areas of Protection, Carriage, Containment and Coverage.
- Manage and grow existing accounts within the North American Industrial & Government Market segment.
- Develop new business opportunities by expanding into and targeting new Industrial and Government accounts.
- Identify opportunities for R&D, new product development and continuous improvement and design of existing products.
- Provide full cycle technical expertise and project management as required to build long term relationships with customers.
- Upload RFQ’s (Request for Quote).
- Identify and introduce opportunities to quote on.
- Participate in contract review and contract award meetings with internal departments.
- Assist in the development of a sales and marketing plan.
- Manage and work to a department budget and sales forecast.
- Attend and participate in all Sales Conferences and relevant conference calls.
- Attend on-going courses and training that promote personal and organizational development related to responsibilities.
- Validate sales activities through weekly activity logs including call and trip reports as well as Sales and Marketing reports.
- Create a competitive advantage by developing and implementing tailored sales strategies to penetrate new markets and accounts.
- Generate sales revenue by following leads and qualifying prospects.
- Develop and deliver presentations to existing and new customers by promoting our client as a value added custom manufacturer.
- Research and remain current within Industrial and Government markets on currents conditions, ongoing trends and new developments.
- Attend trade, industry and association shows as required.
- Attend conferences and conventions as required.
- Promote our client within the Industrial market segment through business travel.
- Plan and organize customer visits and 30 day travel plans.
- Develop and maintain strong a strong solution based consultative customer relationship by understanding their business and by providing continuous customer service.
- Answer customer inquiries and provide information on pricing, inventory levels and production.
- Inform customers of Delivery schedules/Lead times in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to and mitigate customer complaints.
- Follow-up with customers as required regarding product status.
- Review all documentation as provided by the customer and communicate relevant data to internal departments.
- Liaise with Purchasing, Engineering, Quality and Production as required to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Participate in production meetings as required and be able to provide information to internal departments on customer expectations.
- University degree or College diploma in a Business related field.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Abilities Required:
- 5 to 7 years of sales and account management experience in an Industrial and/or customized manufacturing sales environment.
- Ability to recommend engineered solutions to customer related problems using textile related products.
- Ability to search for new business opportunities within Industrial markets for various textile applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Ability to build long term profitability through business development.
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications, test data and certifications.
- Ability to take a customer idea or concept and propose preliminary solutions prior to engineering involvement.
- Ability to document and track sales activities on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger sales team.