Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Carrier Procurement Representative, you will source, negotiate, and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. On our team, you will have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Negotiate and secure carriers to move freight in a timely and cost-effective manner, while cultivating strong core carrier relationships
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times; must have insight into all factors affecting timeframe (weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.)
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Maintain and update accurate information in company’s operating systems
- Conduct cold calling and research available databases for potential leads
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
- Maintain awareness of operations at all times
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of professional experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience
- 1 year of transportation experience
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and function independently, within authorized limits
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.