POSITION TITLE: Project Director
LOCATION: Houston, TX or Midland/ Odessa, TX
TYPE: Direct Hire, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing EPC company, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Director for a direct hire position to be based in Houston, TX or Midland/ Odessa, TX.
Plan, organize, direct, and control the execution of assigned Engineering, Procurement, and Construction projects in the Midstream Oil & Gas industry to meet safety, quality, cost, and schedule objectives on projects ranging in Total Installed Cost size from $10 MM to $200 MM.
- Ability to manage the balance between cost, schedule, and quality with primary emphasis on safety for profitable, well-engineered and constructed, EPC projects
- Following review of project proposal and pertinent documents with project team and Chief Operating Officer, establish performance targets for all project disciplines, including plans for directing, monitoring, & evaluating project performance versus plan
- Developing and managing the project execution plan, project procedures, and control of work practices
- Managing Company's scope of work, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and ensuring Company's contractual obligations are met
- Initiate, establish, and maintain working relationships with owner, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate project activities
- Promote, enforce, and establish SAFETY as a priority as part of the management philosophy
- Manage project staff, including Engineering & Design team and Site Construction Manager
- Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs as compared to budgets through weekly and monthly budget reports
- Coordinate and provide direction for budget development, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project
- Organize, conduct, and represent Company at client project review meetings
- Prepare, issue, negotiate, and execute contract change orders and prepare revisions to original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work
- Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables
- Lead and participate in regularly schedule project staff meetings
- Manage Project Closeout process
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business
- Engineering or Construction Degree preferred, experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years' experience in demonstrated success in management of EPC O&G projects
- 8 + years' Managing Engineering & Construction projects in the Midstream Oil & Gas industry
- 5+ years' supporting midstream projects including cryogenic plants, compressor station, natural gas, pipeline, metering station, storage tanks, tank farms, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of all project Engineering & Design requirements, plans, specifications, Owner Contract, change orders, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, RFI's, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
- Cost Estimating experience a plus
- Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
- Willingness and ability to grow within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing EPC Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, 401K, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Engineering or Construction Degree preferred with 5 + years' experience managing Engineering & Construction projects in the Midstream Oil & Gas industry.
10+ years' experience in an Engineering or Project Engineering role
Demonstrated success in management of EPC projects such as Compressor Station, Metering station, Cryogenic, Natural Gas Pipeline, Facilities, Storage Tanks, Tank Farms, etc.
Possess working knowledge of all project Engineering & Design requirements, plans, specifications, Owner Contract, change orders, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, RFI's, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
Cost Estimating experience a plus
Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
Willingness and ability to grow within the organization
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong computer skills