Bold Penguin is a startup based in Columbus, OH founded on using technology to meet the human touch in commercial insurance. Our mission is to help business owners, agents & brokers, and insurance companies connect more efficiently providing software as a service. We push the boundaries of user experience for businesses using a tool for agents, and offering a streamlined process of underwriting for carriers. Founded by a group of entrepreneurs who spent their early days working with Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive, regional carriers and established insurance agencies, we are excited to continue to demonstrate our knowledge in the insurtech space. We are looking to hire the best of the best to join us in cutting the friction out of commercial insurance!
We’re seeking a full stack Software Engineer who will serve as a cross-functional member of the engineering team who embraces DevOps culture and practices. We’re at a pivotal point where we’re building the platform that will serve as the foundation for the business for years to come.
- Engineers backend services and APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Integrates with third party APIs such as Twilio and with various insurance carriers
- Creates automated tests to ensure our applications are reliable
- Automates the deployment pipeline to enable frequent deployments and consistent builds from development through production
- Shares responsibility for site reliability engineering first designing resilient systems and applications, troubleshoots performance or availability issues, and participates in the on call rotation
- Creates relational database schemas and performs query optimization as well as using in memory data stores
- Collaborates closely with Systems and Security Engineers to build secure and reliable applications
- 5+ years relevant experience building scalable and functional applications, including two years of Ruby.
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies including Linux, Git, AWS, and modern development environments
- Expert in either front-end or back-end but capable with both.
- Familiar with a microservice architecture
To learn more about our culture-focused company, read more on our careers page - www.boldpenguin.com/careers
Thank you for taking a look at our opening! Send a note to email@example.com and a Talent Advocate will be in touch.