Our client is seeking a talented and experienced AWS Applications Architect with extensive experience with Cloud based solutions architecture, design and delivery.
Specifically, you'll be part of a team articulating an architectural vision, conceptualizing architectural approaches, developing the baseline patterns for native Cloud development, validating the architecture and high-level solution design against business requirements, as well as guiding/ mentoring teams on methodologies, processes and best practices according to the Enterprise Framework.
- Knowing when to focus on the details and when to take a step back and look at the big picture
- Function as a trusted technical advisor that collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
- Evangelize best practices for application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards, while maintaining an awareness of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to existing service offerings
- Understanding of architectural solutions to address functional and non-functional requirements is critical, as is hands-on experience implementing technical solutions
- Understanding the architectural vision for the enterprise transcends the scope and lifespan of any individual project or effort
Collaboration and Ingenuity:
- Drives the solution architecture model; ingenuity is crucial to the problem solving and critical thinking skills required to craft successful results
- Bring facts and requirements to life in ways which inspire and motivate solution development
- Engage throughout solution delivery, working closely with the following key organizational groups: Enterprise Architecture, Application Engineering Leads, Technical Leads and staff
- 5-7+ years experience as an Architect or Technology Lead
- 5+ years OO software development/architecture experience in .NET/Java
- Approximately 3+ years in cloud AWS development and integration, including EC2, IAM, S3, VPC
- API Gateway Design & Integration, Microservices Design, Agile Methodology Experience
- Minimum three years experience as a software architect, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship in AWS or similar could technologies
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining Solution Architectures and technology (UML, design patterns, SOA, EAI, BPI, etc.)
- CI/CD Tools and Implementation, Automated Build Tools, Docker Containerization
- Experience in designing applications using relational databases, such as SQL Server /Oracle; including opensource (PostgreSQL), software prototyping
- Exposure to application security technologies and approaches (SAML and/or OAuth SSO)
design cloud amazon-web-services